Join Winston<40 in 2017 as we offer a unique opportunity to give back through mentoring. Our partnership Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools will provide you the opportunity to meet with a student from either the West Forsyth High School Academy of Finance, East Forsyth High School Academy of Finance or the Carver High School Academy of Hospitality and Tourism. These students have chosen to participate in these unique career academies as an opportunity to gain experience and exposure in these various areas of interest.
Your role is quite simple, as a mentor you will meet with your students 2-4 hours a month from February to May of 2017. During your sessions you can talk about anything from how school is going to where they see themselves in ten years. Your personal career category does not have to match the career academy focus!
As Winston<40 seeks to connect our young professional leaders with our community and corporate leaders, it only makes sense that we also invest in our future leaders. We hope you will join us.
The next steps are quite easy, just follow the directions below:
Career Academy Mentoring Program
Volunteer Registration Instructions
- First and foremost, contact Joseph Hamby (email@example.com) and let him know you are registering.
- All volunteers must register and you may do so by clicking here: www.wsfcsvolunteers.com
- If you are a new volunteer, select the option to “click here to register”
- If you are a previously registered volunteer but have not re-activated your volunteer record, please enter your login and password and follow the instructions.
- Complete all of the requested information:
- Select which school you prefer:
- West Forsyth – Academy of Finance
- East Forsyth – Academy of Finance
- Carver – Academy of Hospitality and Tourism
- Then move to the ‘Interest Section’ and select “One-on One Mentor/Tutor”
- You should receive a confirmation from emailverification@wsfcsvolunteers that your registration was received. In order for the system to process your application you must open this email and click on the link.
- When your background check has been completed you will receive an email indicating you have been cleared to volunteer.
- After you receive this clearance, please contact Vicky Wheeler, WS/FC Schools Academy Director, and let her know that you have been cleared to volunteer. Vicky can be reached at: 336.727.2210 ext. 51523 , or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Joseph Hamby with any questions at (336) 728-9227 or email@example.com